6 Things To Remember If You’re Going To Land Your Dream Job
So, you have an idea in your head of your dream job; a place you really want to get to that will make you feel accomplished and fulfilled like no other. However, there are a few things you should remember if you’re going to land your dream job over the competition; read on for 6 things to bear in mind!
- Your CV And Cover Letter Will Get You In The Door
It’s your CV and cover letter that will get you in the door. You need to make the employer want to learn more about you, and show that you’re a great fit for the company and the role. Here are some tips:
- Make your CV easy to read
- Include only relevant information
- Go into more detail on recent roles
- Use facts, figures, and stats to back up what you can do and prove your worth
- Use the cover letter to show you have researched the company, explain who you are, and how you will fit in
- Avoid cliches
- Taking Relevant Training And Courses Can Be Worth It – Invest In Yourself
Investing in yourself can be key if you have your heart set on a certain role. You don’t necessarily have to have a degree or anything like that, but you should look into various workshops and courses that can help you to build your skills and improve. A medium rigid truck licence can help you to work in construction or importation, for instance, while a workshop on social media and marketing could help you to land a role in digital marketing.
- You May Need To Start From The Bottom And Work Your Way Up
You may not always be able to step straight into your dream job having never worked in the industry or a similar role. Sometimes you must be willing to start from the bottom and work your way up.
- Body Language Is Everything
Having the right body language shows that you are friendly, honest, and open. This is what interviewers will want to see on the day. Practicing the interview process with somebody you trust can help you to get used to the feel of being interviewed, how you will present yourself, and what you’ll say.
- You Must Fit In With The Company Culture
As well as being right for the job, you need to be a good fit for the company, too. Make sure you do your research on the company, as you could end up hating the role even if the job was what you wanted!
- Your Social Media Profiles Should Be Clean
Social media can be checked by potential employers, so if you’re not careful, you could end up missing out on a job because of it. Ensure you don’t post offensive things or anything that could conflict with what you say in your CV/cover letter/interview. You may also want to make them private, although appropriate social media profiles could also help you to land the job.