Introducing the My Volkswagen app
If you own a Volkswagen or have ordered a new car at a VW dealership, you need the My Volkswagen app.
The latest app from the German manufacturer includes a wide variety of handy features. For those who already own a Volkswagen, for example, the app has the following features:
- A handy service feature which not only enables motorists to see their car’s service history at Volkswagen retailers but also follow the path of their vehicle’s service when it’s in a workshop.
- Express Visual Checks carried out by a Volkswagen retailer’s technician can be uploaded onto the app, where motorists can see the progress and also choose to approve any urgent work if necessary.
- A collection of how-to guides and owner’s manuals — perfect for getting more from your Volkswagen.
- FAQs to help you find the information you need.
- Information about both roadside assistance and Ensurance products available from Volkswagen.
Still yet to pick up the keys to your new Volkswagen? The My Volkswagen app also allows you to track your purchase by the means of push notifications whenever the order status changes. You will be the first to know about the progress that’s made with your vehicle.
To get started on the My Volkswagen app, simply download the free program from either the iTunes App Store or Google Play and follow the on-screen instructions to make an account and gain access to the owner’s area.
If you’re still making your mind up about your next set of wheels, Volkswagen also has its Car Configurator app available for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch devices which offer iOS 6.0 and onwards. With this program, you’ll be able to build your ideal Volkswagen by selecting from the following:
- 20 different Volkswagen models, of which there are also an estimated 300 variants.
- The paintjob.
- The wheels.
- The upholstery.
- The in-car entertainment.
Happy with your creation but would rather get a second opinion before deciding to go ahead with the purchase? You can also share your created Volkswagen on your Facebook or Twitter pages via the app.